Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mayor's Fitness Challenge- Tulsa Mud Run


Recently, I took part in the first annual Tulsa Mud Run, at Mohawk Park. I was on Team Oliver for US Congress, which consisted of me and my cousin (thanks Derek). We wore our bright neon green Oliver shirts with pride thinking we would stand out and have lots of pictures. It was a new experience for me as I am not a runner and rarely exercise. However, it was one of the most memorable experiences of my campaign life. I literally ran two miles, through obstacles while covered in wet dirt a.k.a MUD. Running through mud seems fairly easy, the part people tend to forget about is the mud in your shoes, which makes it feels like cement blocks tied to your ankles! Team Oliver placed 46th out of 74th. Not too hot, but we finished and that is what really counts! I placed 109th out of 309. I still cannot believe I ran two miles in 19.05, unbelievable for someone like me! Anyways, the Mud Run was a success as I learned something new about myself and my team. GO TEAM OLIVER!!!!!
Keela Baker
Public Relations
Oliver for US Congress

No comments: